Tuesday, April 3, 2012

about laura




Hi, I'm Laura.

I developed the ROCKSTAR system of childbirth because there was nothing like it available in the birth world. I don't happen to believe that women should have to choose between preparing for a relaxed, meditative birthing experience, OR preparing for an active birthing with a well-trained birth companion. It felt dishonest to tell women that their birth would fit a specific mold.

 I thought to myself:
"Wouldn't it be amazing if women were given the opportunity to learn multiple methods and techniques so that they'd have a wide variety of tools to put in their tool belts?"

 The answer, it turns out, was a resounding "Yes."

It is amazing, and it continues to be amazing as I watch woman after woman take full ownership of her birth experience.

You, my friend, happen to be totally and completely unique. And as such, you should have the opportunity to custom-design a birthing experience tailored to your individual needs and desires. No judgements. No "shoulds." {"Should" is a swear word in my book.} No belief that I know what's best for you.


I don't believe that I know how your birth should go. I do, however, believe that you can take the information I have to offer, and use it, {coupled with your own inherent brilliance} to create a powerful birth experience. Many education courses are too complicated and time-consuming. Don't get me wrong, you can never invest too much time and effort in preparing for this amazing time in your life, However, I wanted my classes to be efficient in teaching only the very most important fundamentals focused on transforming the way each woman approaches her birth experience.

 Birth is unpredictable, however, with the right education and training, you will be better prepared to navigate their experiences with greater peace, joy, and power.

As for a little bit about me?

I'm married to a great guy. He does laundry, dishes, and all the dad-things with our kids. He is working his dream job as a character development director at a high school here in Las Vegas. We have 2 boys {ages 12 and 5} and they, too, are some of my favorite people on the planet.

I hate the cold, and love desert heat. For me, there's no such thing as too much sun. We have a 12-year-old Golden Retriever rescue named "Bubbuh." He is also known round these parts as: "the other man." It would not be an over-statement to say that I am obsessed with him.  Bubbuh likes long walks anywhere, naps, and leftover cheesy scrambled eggs in the morning. He also likes to sleep on top of the hubs during lightning storms. So, that's fun.



Photobucket